Participation in Network will help:
- organize internal control and audit of municipalities' budgets
- to stabilize the budgetary indicators of municipalities
- to overcome the deficit of funds and material assets, which deepened during the war
- organize restoration and reconstruction of territories in the post-war period
- promote the sustainable development of municipalities and strategic orientation in the budget process
The outcomes of participation in the Network:
- the organizational basis of internal control in the budget process and internal audit at the level of managers of local budget funds have been formed
- developed skills in establishing the interaction of all participants in the budget process
- "picture" of the existing state of performance of internal control and audit functions
- a package of documents necessary for the introduction of internal control and audit systems has been prepared
During 4 months, starting in April 2023, during online training and consultations, with the help and support of experts, self-governing bodies of the participating municipalities will develop (update) individual documents that will be key to the implementation of an effective system of internal control and audit in the municipality.
Teams of local self-government bodies of 48 municipalities with a population of less than 50,000 will be selected to participate in the work of the Network. The team (up to three people) may include the heads of local financial bodies themselves, their deputies, employees of local financial bodies, divisions of the internal audit, officials responsible for the organization of internal control and audit in the municipality, and representatives of the main managers of funds.
To participate in the selection, it is necessary to fill out the application attached to and send it to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by 06:00 p.m. on April 12, 2023. In the message subject should be indicated: "Control and audit. Municipality_oblast".
To get more details regarding the work in the Network you can by joining the online Event-presentation, which will take place on April 4, 2023, at 10:00 a.m., to participate, please register using this link http://bit.ly/3JzBMsg.