Gender profiles of 24 oblasts of Ukraine and Kyiv
Gender profiles of the 24 oblasts of Ukraine and Kyiv include gender-disaggregated data by various spheres of activity, as well as data on gender policy implementation in Ukraine at the national and regional levels.
What do these profiles include?
- Gender statistics (general indicators, employment, unemployment, education, representation of women and men in executive and local self-government bodies, migration of the population, indicators by groups that face multiple discrimination, etc.);
- Existing regional documents on gender issues, used by one or another region;
- Institutional and resource support for implementation of gender equality policy in the oblast (responsible persons, advisers, budget and spent funds for gender policy implementation);
- Evaluation and monitoring of the gender equality implementation;
- Coordination of actions, information and cooperation with the public sector.
The statistical information collected in these publications may be useful for strategic planning, information and advocacy campaigns in the field of gender equality, monitoring and evaluation activities.
Gender profiles were prepared by the Office of the Vice Prime Minister for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration of Ukraine with the support of the UN Women Project "Gender Equality in the Centre of Reforms, Peace and Security” and financial assistance of the Government of Sweden.