Village in Bukovyna got its own brand 

The village of Chervona Dibrova, located in the Hlyboka rayon of the Chernivtsi Oblast, has got its own brand. The settlement became the winner of the Ukrainian social project Brandville. Its specialists helped to develop the village logo, that will make the settlement interesting both for the residents and tourists.

“We want to make such a gimmick – to turn the old houses, which there are many in the village, into eco-manors, where you can come and stay alone in silence, leaving urban asphalt paving and city hustle and bustle behind,” shares his plans Volodymyr Chobotar, starosta of Chervona Dibrova.

The village of Chervona Dibrova has about 700 residents, and is located 15 kilometres from the oblast centre of Chernivtsi city, on the banks of the small river of Derehluy. It is part of Hlybotska AH.

Chervona Dibrova village is located on a hilly terrain, its territory is quite large and has a lot of free land covered with forests, as well as pastures where various flowers grow, making the village extremely beautiful and attractive for tourists who visit it often. That is why it is also called “Switzerland of Bukovyna”.

Chervona Dibrova Sich, known in Ukraine and abroad, is the pride of the village. Its founders are Valerii Chobotar and Valerii Odayskyi. There are sports and recreational children's camps on the Sich territory, there is also an acting Church where the Divine service is held and where one can come any time to stay alone with oneself.

The village has an educational complex with about one hundred pupils. Educational complex of Chervona Dibrova takes an active part in sporting events, and is often leading in various kinds of sports.

There are three churches in the village: the Church of the Holy Protection (located in the Chervona Dibrova Sich), the Church of St. Dmytriy (one of the oldest churches in the oblast) and the Church of the Christians of the Evangelical faith (Pentecostals).

The village is also famous for “Slavic settlement” sight dating back to the 9th and 10th centuries, where the episodes of Olha Kobylyanska's movie“The Earth” were filmed, as well as a four hundred year old oak tree, near which “Ivenhoe” movie was shot.

This area was first mentioned in 1497 in connection with the battle between the Poles led by the King Jan-Olbracht and the troops of the Moldavian landlord Stephan III the Great, during which the Poles suffered a huge defeat. According to the legend, after the victory, Stephan the Great, ordered to yoke twenty thousand Polish prisoners into plows so that they plow the soil covered with blood and plant the oak forest, which was hereinafter named Chervona Dibrova.

20.11.2017 - 13:42 | Views: 1037
Village in Bukovyna got its own brand 

Video:

Attached images:

Область:

Чернівецька область

Source:

Новини. Чернівці. Коментарі. - інформаційний сайт

Share the news:

Read more:
E04f38c38b98c4ab721a3652832693a9

22 May 2018

Tourist hub organised in AH of Kherson Oblast

A tourist hub was organised for villagers in the Kherson Oblast. Representatives of amalgamated hromadas from all...

F42ef5b2dd8a91c1844925dfd5a13e09

17 May 2018

Cereal flakes manufacturing plant launched by...

The agro-industrial company Agricom Group has launched an industrial complex for the production of grain cereal...

3579f99d636464e2f532924bd4b3fa28

17 May 2018

Results of decentralisation: new modern school...

President Petro Poroshenko took part in solemn opening of the reconstructed communal educational establishment...